Momiko Organics

Monday, November 30, 2009

Wonderful Simplicity

On Black Friday, I found the most fantastic deal on a Simplicity Bias Tape Maker that I simply could not pass up at Joann Fabrics. First, it was $40.00 off. Second, I was able to use a 20% off coupon on top of that. So I bought one, a bit skeptical about whether I would like it or use it. I'm happy to report that I've tried it out tonight and I am so happy with it! It is truly wonderful.

Before the bias tape maker came along, I either made my own bias tape or bought the premade kind - neither option being the best. Making it myself is time consuming and sometimes painful having to iron the fabric so much. Buying the premade kind, while easier, is not the most economical option.

But now, I have this awesome little machine that in 60 seconds does what used to take me 10 minutes. I LOVE it! I can't imagine not having it, and I am already so attached to it. It is brilliant.

Two minor things I wish were different about it: I wish it would make multiple sizes of bias tape - it only makes one size. This is ok as the size it makes suits many purposes just fine. And I also wish it would make double fold bias tape - a pretty easy fix with an iron and an additional few minutes.

Even still though, I see myself using this handy little machine all the time now. Wonderful. Simplicity.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I'm so glad to hear that you like it. I've thought about getting one but didn't know if it was worth it. Thanks for the review!

 

design: boutiquemama.com