Momiko Organics

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Photo Shoot

Rather than figuring out how to take good pictures before opening an Etsy shop, I had Brandy Lewis, a very talented photographer from one of my mom's groups, take them for us. We met her this morning at a local park to take the pictures. Brandy did an incredible job and she was so nice to work with!

After an entire summer of temperatures over 100 degrees, this morning the weather decided to be chilly and cloudy. We delayed the shoot for an hour to let the temperature rise a bit, which it normally does here in Texas. Still hoping the weather would warm up, we decided to take pictures of each dress on the form before putting the girls in them.

And then I stepped in a big pile of dog poop.

In the end, the temperature decided not to cooperate with us at all and lingered around 57 degrees all morning.

Despite the weather, I think we got some terrific shots. As it turns out, searching for ladybugs, playing with sticks, and watching a big puppy run around make for an excellent photo shoot.

You can see a sneak peak of our photoshoot on Brandy's site here: http://brandylewisphotography.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/talented-momma/

8 comments:

seth said...

I'm glad it turned out and I didn't - yes i did - laugh that you stepped in dog poop.

Good Dirt Jewelry said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Yours is beautiful and I look forward to seeing your new Etsy shop :)

Piggy said...

Your blog is so pretty! I can't wait to see those photos :D Can't wait for you to open your shop as well on Etsy :D Welcome to the Etsy community. :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog too!

God Bless
Alice
http://piggylittleshop.blogspot.com/

missbmckay said...

How precious! Such beautiful photos.

Bridget said...

sorry to hear about the poop...I went to check out the preview pics....they are beautiful...can't wait to see more

Erica said...

that is a smart way to get started... photos are the hardest part sometimes... especially if the natural lighting is bad!

Myko Bocek said...

I went and took a peek at the photos and they are Amazingly Beautiful!!!!

Mary Rogers said...

You seem to have found a wonderful photographer! yay! I can't wait for the shop opening!

 

design: boutiquemama.com