Momiko Organics

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Perfect Red

Today I made a dress out of the most beautiful red organic cotton fabric. It's a very deep, rich red that would be perfect for Christmas - especially Christmas pictures.

I am a big fan of wrap-around dresses. Wrap-around dresses are comfortable for play, they grow with a child, they can be casual or dressy, they can be worn with jeans or tights or alone as a dress...the list goes on and on. Needless to say, I have designed a wrap-around dress for my Etsy opening, and today's red organic cotton dress is a wrap-around.

All night long I've been looking at this dress on the form trying to figure out why it doesn't quite work and I've finally figured it out. This is a grown up's dress. It's a dress that I would wear. I think I've subconsciously designed something for myself in this wonderful, beautiful, perfect fabric that happens to be my favorite shade of red.

Since there is no way this dress will ever fit me, I must somehow figure out a way to "toddler it up." I'm going to look in the kitchen right now for something gooey to spill on it...

2 comments:

Kari said...

Hahaha, to funny. Maybe you should design some Christmas dresses for us, I could totally go for a red dress this year...gooey stuff withholding.

gretchenmist said...

hi + thanku for your comment on my blog. it's funny that you need to toddler your dress up~ so often i see kids clothes and wish they would make them in my size :)

 

design: boutiquemama.com