Momiko Organics

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dress Gone Awry

I started making this very cute little dress yesterday. I was almost finished when I had this genius idea to add a reverse cuff to the sleeve, which used to be a long sleeve.

The cuff just didn't work, and instead of simply taking it off, I proceeded to hack it off. Yep. That was my brilliant fix. So my long sleeve turned into a 3/4 length sleeve. But the sleeves weren't even. So more hacking. And more. Until now I'm left with an uneven, sleeveless mess, mocking me.

5 comments:

Makbeauty Creations said...

I've done the same thing but with bows... It's soooo frustrating. I think I have this brilliant idea and it doesn't work then I try to fix and it doesn't work... It's like it just keeps getting worse until it finally ends in the trash. : )

californiablue said...

Sorry to hear about your mishap with your dress, but the video is wonderful! I love Bert & Ernie :)

http://californiablue.tumblr.com

paintingpam said...

Bert and Ernie are always funny!! Thanks for sharing!
www.paintingpam.etsy.com
http://paintingpam.blogspot.com

SATURDAY IN THE PARK said...

I don't make clothing, but I've done the same type of fix when making clay things, evening things up and ending up with barely anything! Thanks for the Bert & Ernie link too! :D

Heart and Sow Designs said...

Sorry about your mishap but I did like the video of Bert and Ernie. Maybe next time it will all work out. I do know what you mean. Sometimes its just so hard to make things even.

 

design: boutiquemama.com