Momiko Organics

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The very beginning...

For many reasons, it is time to enter the world of entrepreneurship. It took some time to find my passion... but I have! I was apparently meant to succumb to the beckoning siren call of fabric destined to be cute children's clothes!

I am now embarking on a quest to build a company that embodies my vision for attractive and practical clothing for young girls (and possibly boys!) that tries to be eco-friendly and sustainable wherever possible.

Based solely on a two-hour class about sewing in a local fabric store, I learned that I could in fact manage to sew a cute dress or two and perhaps have fun along the way. As it turns out I love designing and making clothing! A big thank you to Cynthia at the Bernina sewing center in Hancock Fabrics in Austin, Texas who taught that class!!!

Shortly after the initial course and the first half dozen dresses, it became clear that I would have to share some of my creations with the world at large or risk drowning both self and family under an avalanche of dresses.

So with no more than a newly discovered passion and talent for sewing I am working to launch a new fashion brand and e-commerce business.

Follow along as I relate my experiences and feel free to share your experiences with me!

1 comment:

Swingkid said...

Yay! Glad you're finally doing it! Now if I could just get you to join facebook...

 

design: boutiquemama.com