Momiko Organics

Friday, August 28, 2009

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

When it comes to buying clothing online, the consumer isn't able to touch the fabric, determine the fabric's quality and weight, or try the piece of clothing on for size. These are all very important parts of buying clothing. To compensate, online photographs of apparel for sale have to be good. Extremely good. Especially when it comes to handmade apparel. And on a site as well-done and as well-known as Etsy, there are downright beautiful photographs being taken by some amazing sellers.

But here's the thing. I know nothing about photography or how to take a good photograph. There are important things like lighting to think about and so many other things I have no idea even exist yet when it comes to good photography. Having taken a few not so great photographs of my designs, I have a newfound respect for photographers.

All this to say that the countdown to the Etsy store launch is now 37 days! 37 days to get up to speed on how to take an awesome photograph and everything else.

I thought I might start by reading the instruction manual to my digital camera. After that, maybe I need to figure out how to get the lighting right.

Does anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

 

design: boutiquemama.com